Tuesday

Mothie's having a baby!

When I first found out my Niece, Mothie was having her first child, how excited I was.
Mothie is my sisters 4th child, and is exactly one year younger than my baby, Gina.  
When I announced "I was going to have my third child" at the age of 34, my sister laughed.  My big sister laughed at me.!"Your kinda old to be having another child" she said. My two other children were 13 and 10 years old.
  Well to my sisters surprise, one year later, she too had another baby. Mothie. That gave dolly 4 children.  You know I had to laugh at her.
I had to do something nice for Mothie, so out came the knitting needles.  


My first thought was color.  Not knowing  if it would be a boy or a girl, yellow was the first choice. A soft yellow....


Knitting is my first choice for crafting.. My mom taught me when I was about 9 years old.  Today I can look at a design and without a pattern, make it! I do look at a pattern simply for the number of stitches to use, to start, for each different size.          Bless you Mom!



When I first had my children, they all had new sweaters each year when the Illinois winters came blowing in.  I can't count how many I've made for family and friends. 


As you can see, I chose to crochet the booties... they seem to be heavier using crochet. (no, I did not use a pattern here)


The new baby is due in August, and Ohio weather is rather nice during this time.. so I made the set in 3-6 month size.. except the hat is for a newborn.  I'll get some more hats made for the chilly winter to come.
My thoughts are, Mothie can bring the baby home from the hospital in a new Layette set...


                                             
My Niece called me yesterday to let me know the package with the new Layette arrived safely in the mail... she was happy and I was so happy to do it for her!
  Don't you just love "New Babies"





5 comments:

Granny said...

I found your blog through Gail at MyRepurposedLife. I love the layette you crocheted and the yellow is the perfect soft color for a newborn. I've bookmarked your blog to come back and spend more time reading.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Babies are the best thing EVER In love with the outfit! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you give the mirror a try :)
Take care
Kristin

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

This turned out so beautifully! I so wish I could make things as sweet as this...for now I will have to be content with buying instead of creating!

I am so glad I stopped by...your blog is lovely!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Misty @Creative Itch said...

What talent!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

These are adorable! Nice work! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!