Tuesday

A few of my favorite things in the yard....


I'm joining A Southern day Dreamer for her "Outdoor Wednesday Party"




I'd like to show a few of my ceramic/terracotta statues... I love these little people scattered around my yard.
Above is my Angel who sits out on the back deck... She brings Joy!


And this is my "Gargoyl"... he keeps the evil away...
I wounder if I could talk to him and see if he can also
keep disease off my plants?  Oh, and the bugs that
love to eat my Basil?


This is "St. Francis"... he is the keeper of the animals and critters....
I have a creek out back.. it's called "Alligator Creek" and yes their
are Alligators out there.. We have raccoons, armadillo, squirrels,
huge frogs, very large tropical birds, great blue herons, egales, large vultures and a very large assortment of birds and lets not forget the snakes.. lots of them!   I've registered my yard with "The National Wildlife Fed." as a "Back Yard Habitat".  So I've become very picky as to what go's out there! No spray of any sort are used! 
They say "I might see a Florida Panther" one day?
Oh, we also have a monkey, it has been loose for months now!
(I never go out on my deck when it's dark)


Here are my "Flys"... I have five of them scattered around the yard.. some people think they are really ugly and creepy!
  I love them, rust and all!



This little lady greets all that enter my driveway.. she holds a "Lilly Pad".


You can find many different items scattered around my yard... One of my "dear sweet" neighbors
said with sarcasm "Your yard is looking like a junk yard", but I just smiled and walked away!
He is old and besides "What does he know"?
I have more to show, but I'll wait for another post... 
It's hot here today 94' and really "humid".... when I walked outside around 2pm, it felt like
I was back in "Texas"..... So I watered my flowers then went to sit in the a/c...

And how was your day!

11 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

I love your junk lol!!~ O my I wonder what he would say about my yard, your right what does he know. I love your sun and the St. Francis is beautiful in your garden.

Allison Shops said...

St Frances is always a favorite of mine. Enjoyed seeing your statues.

Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday (post #3). If you haven't registered for our glass vessel sink giveaway, it's open until 5pm EST Wednesday.

Allison
Atticmag

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh what does he know, nothing! I love all of your people, angels and oh my favorite, St. Francis. Your garden is so loved, I can tell. Awesome.

Nancy

LV said...

What your neighbors think is junk is your treasures. It is a blessing everyone does not like the same thing.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I can't believe your neighbor said that! Some people! I think your garden ornaments are lovely!

Granny said...

I think your neighbor's sister lives next door to me. Like they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I like those flies and want to know how to make one.

Debbie said...

Poor old man. He just doesn't get it, does he?

I love your statues. My daughter has a "thing" for them. She would love that fairy one holding the lily pad the most.

I would like to have that St. Francis one myself.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Love your yard people and hearing about them. Great post! I am joining you from Outdoor Wednesday! Have a great day!

Nancy said...

I miss living in Florida, hot and somewhat humid, though Winter Park was no more so than here in Vermont. One day while cutting roses for my neighbor, I almost stepped on a coral snake. From then on whether we lived in Florida, Texas or Vermont, I don't walk on grass.

Oh, I miss my grumpy old Florida neighbors, too. You'd have to live in Vermont where no one even says, "hi" to appreciate that, I guess.

Love your yard art! It's not for museums only, tell him. (And, I have see some pretty perplexing stuff in museum "yards".)

Kitschalicious said...

Love the sculptures! Especially the angel and the fairy!!!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Sounds like your dear sweet neighbor does not appreciate art! Oh well, not your problem! St. Frances is a favorite of mine. I enjoyed seeing your yard decorations.

~ Tracy