Wednesday

Bird Feeder


I've had a "Bird Feeder" sitting out back by the creek for about 4 years now that attracted many different varieties of birds, but time has taken it's toll on this well used feeder....




My first thought was to replace it with a new one, but no, I think "I'll try to save it"..


It was falling apart so I filled in the screw holes with wood putty, and put in new screws.. Should I just clean it up? No, I let me paint it a bright color.. maybe the birds will find it?


First I gave it a good scrub down...I even had to displace a "Wasp nest" that took over the inside. 
It has always been just wood and this time I had the idea to 'make it colorful'.. so I used some 'outdoor primer' and then some yellow and red craft paint. After I let it dry for several hours I put on a "Top coat, outdoor Sealer" so the weather would not hurt it further!





It's going to hang in a tree, or go back out on the bench so I did not want to get too fancy with the decorations, but it would look good with a design on it.. hmmmmm?
Oh well, lets just hang it on the tree for now...




It's pretty far from the "Garden Bench". I wonder if the birds will find it?
I know the "Squirrels" did... I found them, this morning, hanging on it trying
to get to the seed....Sorry guys, it's off limits! The (My) Squirrels are very well fed, on a regular basis.
 I buy huge bags of "Peanuts" for them.. Yes, I spoil my critters!

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

I wanted to point out the reason for my "Big Smile"today... Thanks to 195 of my wonderful
"Followers" ,,, I'm almost at  200!.. Whohoo!
Thank you everyone who enjoys and comes back week after week to check out my blog!  This has been so much fun for me!


I'll be linking to these great parties.
Click on over and take a look at all the great 'Crafter's' joining in.


20 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute makeover....love the bright colors in the garden!

the cape on the corner said...

good for you, i seriously think i would have thrown it out! it's the cleaning of the icky things and the insects that do me in. love the bright colors, too!

Granny said...

Thanks for saving the birdhouse. It looks great. One more item that was saved from the landfill.

Anonymous said...

You saved it! It looks better than new. Excellent!!! Thank you for sharing this bragable on the boardwalk!

Debbie said...

Great save! My mom has some that are in need of a makeover. I noticed them today. I will show her yours for inspiration.

Lourie said...

How adorable! Good job.

Anonymous said...

It just happens we have one like that. The birds don't seem to mind how delapidated it is, but it would sure brighten things up. Great VTT.
QMM

Coloradolady said...

Oh, it looks great! much better than a new one! Have a great VTT!

LV said...

You did the right thing in redoing this little bird feeder. It still is the first that you enjoyed. Just got a little makeup added. I am sure the birds will appreciate your efforts.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

job well done! the bird feeder looks good now!

Bette said...

Great job rescuing that birdhouse!

You link it up at my Backyard Link Party!

http://frugalmomx3.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

I love that you decided to save it and I love that you spoil your critters! Visiting from NFF-

Faith said...

Hi, found you at Girl Creative friendly Friday...your blog title caught my eye. the bird house came out very nice....have a wonderful w/e.

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by my place...it is always nice to meet new friends...it is what blogging is all about...looking forward to talking to you again soon...

Jamie said...

I love that you cleaned up the old one. It looks great!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Very cute - I love the colors you used!

XOXO
jen

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Great job bringing life back into the old bird feeder! I'm sure the birds are lovin you.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Great save and redo job! (with a little pest control thrown in too, wow!)

Happy VTT,
Sally

The Pennington Point said...

I love a trash to treasure story. I would have tossed it....I am impressed that you saved it and made it look better than new. Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to email me with questions if you decide to paint your floor. What's the worst that can happen...you hate it and get new carpet? :) Lisa~

Holly Lefevre said...

I am tickled pink any time I can save something and give it new life. Great job!