Saturday

Christmas Day Goodies

Christmas Day was the first time  I did not have one or more of my children with me to celebrate the holiday.  It was odd to say the least but each did call to wish me good tidings.  They also sent gifts to me in the mail.
Each picked out such wonderful gifts for me... My son and daughter-in-law gave me 5 gift cards for my favorite stores.. (You know what I'll be doing with the after Christmas sales!).   My daughter Cyndi sent me a good read and two gift cards for "itunes and the app store".. to go with my new ipad and the iphone I also received.  They all know how much I love books.
  My sister,  niece and nephew also sent such wonderful gifts, ( I'll talk about these at a later date).
Christmas was very good to me this year.


One of the gifts I need to talk about are  "French Croissants" from my youngest daughter.


A few days ago I received,  from the Fedx truck, a box with these wonderful buttery delights packed in dry ice.  The note enclosed said, "Keep frozen until ready to use"



Gina told me she heard about these croissants on "Oprah's Favorite Things" program.  Oprah said, "These are the closest thing to the real thing in France".  My daughter remembered my telling her about the croissants I had in France and that I have never had any in the states that could even come close.  She wanted me to have them with my Christmas Breakfast.


After reading the directions I took out 5 and placed them on a parchment lined baking pan, covered them with another piece of parchment and let rise on Christmas Eve, while I slept.  When I woke Christmas morning they were huge!


Before putting them in the oven,  the directions said to brush with an egg wash.



Then I waited.... peeking through the glass  oven door, to see them brown and rise a bit more.  In all it took only 12 minutes of baking.  They came out fluffy like clouds.



What more can I say?  Oprah was right. 
These were so buttery and light, and oh so good!  No butter needed on these little gems, they were so greasy with butter.  I did put a bit of blueberry jam that I made this past summer.  
I had to eat two!


Now you can savor fresh-baked croissants just like those in a French patisserie. Shipped frozen, made by French pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon. The web site is easy to pull,, just look for "Galaxy Desserts".


A big "Thank You" to all my family for being here with me in spirit and for the wonderful gifts... Gifts that I will use over and over.
Although I did not look forward to being alone this year,,, it was indeed a

 "Merry Christmas"





6 comments:

Sunny said...

Ooo these look so good. My hubby doesn't like them but I do. How about emailing me some?

Granny said...

I agree with Sunny Day, Email me one too. They look so light and fluffy, something I could never bake.

Charlotte said...

Merry Christmas! Eat one for me!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Those look so good, I could eat those all day!
Merry Christmas to you, I'm sorry the kids couldn't be with you but I know they were there in their hearts!
XO
Kristin

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

OM goodness-I just gained 10 lbs. looking at those. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed letting my mouth water looking at them.

the cape on the corner said...

those coissants look deelish, and hello, new ipad and iphone!? super jealous!