Saturday

" The Flu "









 Today is day 6 for me and at first I thought I just had a virus or a good cold coming on... but today I found out I have a good case of the "Flu"  
I thought my flu shot would keep me safe but no, I got it anyway.  And, it's no fun!
They were so right about "Sudden Onset".  It started last Saturday. All of a sudden I was freezing, although it was 89' outside. 
I have spent the better part of a week moaning and groaning with aches and pains, a very deep cough and just  feeling terrible. 
I did get out of bed today but ended up laying my poor dizzy head back down.
Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better? 



Know the F.A.C.T.S.

Flu symptoms can be mild or severe, and can come on suddenly — be sure you know your flu treatment options so you can be prepared. Symptoms generally appear 1 to 4 days after exposure to the virus.
Symptoms of the flu include chills, fever, aches, and tiredness.
Symptoms of the flu: chills, fever, aches, and tiredness

The common symptoms of the flu include:
  • Fever (100°F or greater)
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Chills
  • Tiredness
  • Cough
  • Runny nose (more common in children than adults)
If you have one or more of these symptoms, you might have the Flu. 
(I've had them all this past week)

 Stock up on all the meds you might need and don't forget some Kleenex.  I have 4 boxes scattered around and might need to get more!  Oh and don't forget the disinfectant spray.  I even sprayed the phones in my house along with the keyboards.  
One of my dear neighbors came by and all I could do was scream down the stairs to her, "get out of my house, I don't want you to get the flu".  Poor lady, (she is in her 80s) must have thought I was nuts.  I think she understood what I was trying to tell her as she rushed for the door.  (I'll have to bring her down some muffins next week.)
Dear, dear, Mr. N has been so good, chasing around after me all week.  He even brought me home a Lemon Merangue Pie today but it tasted like evaporated milk.. (my taster must be off)?
 Time for me to lay back down.  Just can't seem to get my head together.

Take care everyone!
.
.
.




8 comments:

Tina said...

Bless your heart. I was sick last week and I agree..it's no fun. Once my fever broke, I felt (almost) good as new!
Hope you get to feeling better..real soon!

Debbiedoos said...

I'm sorry, feel better! I had it three years ago..it SUCKS! Rest rest rest..you will feel better very soon.

Karen said...

Ohhh, Sandy!! My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Gosh, this is not good news at all. And you had the flu shot, too? Well, that's not very encouraging. They wanted me to get one at the doctor's office, but I think I'll pass now.

I hope you are feeling MUCH better VERY soon!!

Pondside said...

So sorry to read this - I hope you feel a whole lot better this week!

Unknown said...

Hope you are better! Joann

Anonymous said...

Feel better my dear! Over here I am not getting a background on your page.... LOVE you

Granny said...

Sorry you're sick. Be sure to stay well hydrated.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well. Don't get out of bed too soon. You will just drag it out longer. Rest, rest and more rest!