Wednesday

"My Sis is on her way"



 It's 5am and I can't sleep.
Today is a big day for me... My sister at this very moment, is out above the Atlantic about 3 hours away from JFK in NY.  Her landing should be about 9am EST.
  She is coming in on a Boeing 777 and this is one huge aircraft.
My Father flew for this airline when I was in my teens.


Having grown up in the world of aviation  I've always followed the newest and biggest aircraft to come out of Boeing's hangers. 
The aircraft has seating for over 300 passengers and has a range from 5,235 to 9,380 nautical miles (9,695 to 17,370 km), depending on model.

The Cabin is so large and plush.  This is for those of us that can't pay for Business or First Class.  They do give you good size seats for the long range trips and everyone gets their own TV with earphones. It's comfortable and you have lots of leg room.
And if you can afford Business Class you get more comfort.


For the long flights as my sister is on you can have sleeping.
She should be flying about 14 hrs to reach JFK.

Dolly will be waking up soon preparing for landing in JFK and they will be feeding the passengers.. no not a snack of nuts, but breakfast such as this.


Here are the guys in command.  My dad used to let us come forward to sit in the seat behind the captain and listen on the headphones to the towers, it was fun!


My sister will pick up a flight from JFK to TPA and get here about 5 this afternoon... I'll be at the AP with Bells on! (family joke)

If you have never used the site
The nice thing about flight tracker is I gave my e'mail addy and they sent me a message just now telling me they  have had a head wind and the flight will be about 65 minutes late.
The next time a friend or loved one is flying in, just enter the info for their flight and you can watch it all the way.  I did all night and here she comes....


Don't you just love the internet!
Were going to have such a good winter!

Yes, big smile here!



2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how exciting. I know you two will have a super visit and talk non-stop. That plane looks so much nicer than the one I took to Germany. I want one of those sleeping seats. Love that. Hugs, Marty

Karen said...

Sandy, how neat is that? You can track the progress of your sister's flight. How cool!

I've never flown on an airplane, though I did get to onboard a small one once for a field trip for my kids when I chaperoned. They are amazing, not what I had expected at all. I guess the sets on TV shows are just that, sets. They are a lot smaller in real life. Though the one you showed was very fancy.

How interesting to have a pilot for a father!

I hope you and your sister have a nice, long visit!