Wednesday

Welcome The Holidays With Traditions, and a bit of Trivia



There is nothing better than the smell of fresh made 
Cinnamon Buns.

I used a simple white bread recipe and made the dough the night before in my mixer. Let it rise about an hour then rolled the dough into a rectangle and spread some milk on the dough then the cinnamon, sugar and flour mixture. I then rolled the dough into a pinwheel shape. Cut and put into the pan lined with parchment paper. I then put the covered pan in the fridge for the night. 




  
The next morning I let the pan sit on the counter  and let the dough rise until double the size. This second rising took about an hour.


The rolls baked about 20 minutes and the entire house had this wonderful cinnamon smell about it. 
I made a simple sugar drizzle for the top of the warm buns.  Powered sugar, vanilla and milk.


No need to call Mr N to the kitchen this weekend morning.
He smelled his way down the stairs. But before settling down with my coffee to eat one of these wonderful buns I took two on a warm plate to Mr. Charley, a single senior, two houses down from me. . His eyes lit up at the sight of his warm gooey breakfast treat.
 The holiday weekend mornings are best with such goodies.


The holidays are filled with festive days and this is just one of the many things I do to welcome Christmas into my home during the weeks prior. 
Traditions they call them.
What are yours?
* * * * * * 

A bit of trivia about Christmas.

What Christmas figure was created in 1939 by Robert May as a Christmas promotion for Montgomery Ward department store in Chicago?

(Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer)

I'm linking up to







No comments: