Thursday

New Crochet Bath Carpets.

.
I went shopping thinking I'd find three new bath carpets, but I found that most carpets in the stores were not what I liked and they were limited in the sizes  to fit the spaces in my bathroom, so I made my own.
It's been 2 years now and the old ones I crochet were getting ready to fall apart. 
 

Besides, I changed the color of the bath and wanted blue.





The crochet pattern is something in my mind. I used just a simple double crochet and went back-and-forth.


I do love the colors of blue but then realized how much yellow was in the floor tiles. Oh Well, not too bad?


I painted the cabinets last year and had great intentions of changing the counter top and adding a second sink. Well, that never happened. I might just go ahead and paint the counter top. I did a post on how I painted the kitchen counters and after a year now it's still going strong without a scratch or peel. Very durable and great paint made especially for counter tops.
More on that another time.






The upstairs bath took on a whole new look with the darker blue coloring and it's nice to step on the soft carpets. I used 100% cotton yarn and doubled up and used two strands of yarn to give the carpets more texture.  These also can be put into the washer with no fear of shrinking or changing color. The ones I made 2 years ago are still in good shape but I needed a change.
Cool, cool, cotton!

I'm linking this post to

5 comments:

Katy said...

Girl you made your own bath rugs -- wow. and not just once - double wow!

i am scared to paint countertops. I was thinking of ripping out my bathroom counters too..i'll wait to see what you do to yours. ;)

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Sandy, I am so impressed that you made your own bath rugs! And they are so pretty. I read your post about the damage your squirrels did to your car. In our previous home, they got into our attic and chewed the wires to the airconditioner! We had a time getting rid of them.

Domesblissity said...

My Nanna had crocheted bath rugs and I always loved them. I'm so glad you shared this. I'm going to make some of my own. If you get a moment, would you like to link up to my "Thriving on Thursdays" Linky Party here in Australia? I feature recipes, crafts, furniture makeovers, organisating and decluttering advice, makeup tips, financial advice, etc. Anything goes.

http://domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/01/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-2.html

Anne @ Domesblissity xx

Unknown said...

I knit and crochet but I never thought about bath rugs! They look beautiful!

Domesblissity said...

Hi Sandy. Once these kids of mine get back to school next week after a very, very long summer break I'm going to make these. Just wanted to say thanks for linking up to my Thriving on Thursdays party last week. It's on again tomorrow (Australian time). We'd love to see what you've been up to.

Anne @ Domesblissity xx