Friday

While putting the box together for the baby shower I had no idea how many things I made....

Today my sister and I took a 4 hr ride to the other side of the state, from Clearwater to Jupiter, Fl and the fog was amazing on the Turnpike.  We arrived safe and sound for our weekend visit with my daughter.  I just went through my photos to put up this post and surprised myself with how many items I have made for my new grandbaby to be.  
I knit two layette sets. One white and one yellow.

 Then I made a quilt that can be used for a tummy time floor mat or in the stroller.


Then there are the Onesies that tell the story of the babies Daddy and Bothers.

And the 'oh so soft' and beautiful chunky knit crib blanket and pillow.

There are also a few needed items that I know my girl needs since all her saved baby goods were lost on the trip back to the states from Guam.
 As I said in previous posts we still do not know the gender of the new baby so I have to wait,, do I make little dresses or little blue sweaters for the cold of Oklahoma City?
We will know in about 8 weeks.


"This post is a good "Letter K" for Jennys 
"Alphabet Thursday" I think I'm done knitting for the season!

The box will be mailed in a few weeks, just in time for the baby shower for my youngest daughter.  
In the mean time I'll enjoy my visit in Jupiter and spend some quality time with my older daughter and sister.  This is a beautiful beach town right on the Atlantic in South Florida. 

 I hope to get some photos and will post them later next week.
"Have a great weekend everyone"

I'm linking up to



23 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Look at all those beautiful things! What treasures. You do lovely work.

Judie said...

sandy, what a beautiful collection! The quilt is lovely!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

You have collected so many treasures! And I live in Oklahoma City! :)

Hugs,
Meredith

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

so beautiful..you have collected all in a smart way! all the best :)

EG CameraGirl said...

That is one very lucky baby!!

Karen said...

Sandy, oh, you do gorgeous work! Such delicate knitting, just exquisite. And best of all, made with lots and lots of love.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh that aerial shot is gorgeous!

Now as to the knitting! Girl!!! you've been busy for sure. I've never made a layette. You did a wonderful job with 2!
I like the little tummy time quilt.
You're a thoughtful Gramma!

Pat

andrea@townandprairie said...

I've always admired handmade textiles...these are absolutely gorgeous. What treasured heirlooms these will become!

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of work, and those are such beautiful items. Can't wait to hear about the new little one's safe arrival.

Unknown said...

Wow you were busy! can tell you're looking forward to that baby:):)

Eden House News and views said...

I love that you have the skills and patience to produce the beautiful items. I am waiting for number two grandbaby , I have attempted my first knitting project it is an olive green blanket with cream edging in rice stitch , it is full of holes well not literally but it is not perfect but i made with love.
The same love that you knitted yours with unconditional.

SarahBeth said...

Everything is beautiful! Such time and love in your sweet knits -- and I love the 'tummy time' quilt! Your new grandbaby will definitely feel warm and loved!

Unknown said...

What wonderful treasures! They will love them.

Pratibha said...

I so much want to learn knitting !

:) lovely pics !!

carol l mckenna said...

Absolutely beautiful needlework ~ baby outfits and quilt are so creative and well done ~ Wow!

Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

lucky little grandbaby!

Unknown said...

Aaw!What a lucky grand baby :) I wish I will learn to do that. I am so jealous ;)

st said...

I"m a weaver and am in awe of anyone who can knit. I always wind up in knots!

st said...

I"m a weaver and am in awe of anyone who can knit. I always wind up in knots!

Esther Joy said...

What beautiful work! I was never very good at knitting, but not too bad at crocheting.

Pondside said...

You have been a busy grandma! The little cardigan set is absolutely lovely.

Annesphamily said...

Sandy these are delightful and so perfect for the new grand little one! I have never had the talent for knitting and crocheting and treasure a few items I have from my long ago relatives to my kids when they were small! Sigh!

I have always wanted a knitted tea cozie for my favorite teapot!

One of these days I will budget for one and find the perfect one!

Your talent is amazing and thank you for sharing!

My son-in-law grew up in Florida and I love hearing some of the stories he tells me about traveling across the state with his dad and his grandfather the shrimp boat captain. His grandmothers house is a historical site. I love hearing about phamily!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your loved ones! Hugs Anne

Jenny said...

Oh Sandy. I love your beautiful knitted goodies!

I can see the love in every single stitch.

Ummm...

Is that what knitting is? Stitching?

Acccckk!

How about this?

I can see the love in every single kreation!!!

Thanks for a lovely link for the letter "K".

A+