Monday

Looking back to how I made my kitchen lap top desk.

I've been looking at my kitchen desk this past week and wondering if I could do it again.  My daughter has a space in her kitchen (sorry I don't have a photo of that space) but she asked if I could make something like it.  Somewhere she could put a pantry with a brew station on the right side.
 As you can see this was an odd space and I thought about it for several months before one day going to my Ob/Gyn.  There it was!  I was laying on the table and my feet were in the, well you know the place, and I asked if I could have my bag to get my camera.  The looks on the Doc and her assistant were a bit puzzled until I told the story!  "Look at that desk, it's perfect"... they laughed!
 First I needed to make a pattern and used a roll of xmas paper then laid it on the wood and cut it out.
 Knowing the space was tight I thought to prime and paint the wood before putting the puzzle together.
 I used wall screws and L brackets to attach it to the wall and it's strong enough to stand on.
 Once the desk was all put together I put on a fresh coat of paint and it go's so well in my kitchen and now I have the perfect spot for my lap top and also a space to put my hand bag and a few cook books.
Just before putting the desk together I had a new floor laid and it all came together perfectly.
I remember the Mr. asking if he could use my desk... 
 "Sorry, this is my desk"!
 I know I must have broken "The cardinal rule of carpentry" but I did not have the energy to take away the wall paper on the back wall and simply painted over it with white.  Who will know except me Well, now you do!
I still need to get a proper chair.  The space is small and I just have not found one yet.  I know I can build but a chair is not something I've ever tried.  There is one out there, I'll find it!

 I will be going to my daughters soon and will get a photo of her space and let you know how it all works out.  As I said before, she has an odd space that could use a good strong cabinet.  I'll get a photo or two of how we do it.
As for my Doctor, I did take a photo for her to see the finished product and her smile was priceless. 

((hugs)) 

I'm linking this post to

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  
Show Off Your Stuff 
Be Inspired 
Overflowing With Creativity 
We Did It Wednesday 
Power of Paint Party 
Wow Us Wednesday 
Create and Share 
Share Your Cup 
Talkin About Thursday 

I've entered a contest with the best Stars of Blogland. You can go into this link below and vote for me if you would like... (please, please)!!  Just scroll down to the thumbnails and look for entry #253, that's me.
Click on my photo of the "Laptop Desk" and you voted!
"Thanks in advance"  

"Creating With The Stars" 
x0x0x

11 comments:

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

You go GIRL .. Your so inspiring.. I would be scared to build that myself. YOU did a fabulous job and it looks awesome... LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
.........................HUGS Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

This is the perfect solution, and it coordinates so well in your kitchen. But, my favorite part is where you found your inspiration!! LOL!

XOXO,
Meredith

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

you did a fabulous job on the desk! It fits nicely with the rest of the kitchen and it serves it's purpose well!! great job!

Suzan said...

What a wonderful spot and you can surf the internet while you work!!Nice!

Annie Jeffries said...

Outstanding project. I had hopes you would show the doc a picture of the inspiration results. Truly priceless.

Mariaelena said...

What a clever idea...looks great too!
have a great idea, Mariaelena

Designed Decor said...

Clever use of space! You did a great job with the space!
I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday http://designeddecor.com/talkin-thursday-link-party-9/
DeDe@DesignedDecor

Unknown said...

Very nice! You did a great job! Just joined your site....would love to have you visit mine at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com
NeeCee

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing that you got the idea at your Ob/Gyn's office. However, it looks fabulous and you did such a great job. Really a handy dandy little space. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Hopping over to vote for you.
hugs,
Jann

Designed Decor said...

Sandy, Thanks for linking up to Talkin’ About Thursday link party. I hope you will come back this week too!

Unknown said...

What a perfect fit! Great job...you go girl!