Tuesday

Rushing Spring just a bit with seeds....


 When walking downstairs this morning I was shivering.  It's been a chilly few months here in the Tampa Bay area, not at all normal for us. This is beach country after all!
   While turning on the oven to warm the kitchen then clicking on the fireplace (we do have central heat but who uses that) 
I heard on the news "It's going to 72' this afternoon"  
That was my q to get a few pots of seeds growing.
 I already have several large pots with established herbs and greens out in the back yard but I use loads of parsley in cooking and wanted to have as many new plants as I could grow.. so they along with other herbs were seeded then put out on the deck railing waiting for the sun to sprout them.
While I was at it I put in different flower seeds to scatter around in the flower beds.  It takes about 7 to 10 days for the seeds to sprout in pots then another two or so weeks till I'm able to put into the garden.   Mid April is my goal to get these little plants transplanted.

While surfing the net this morning I found this really cute garden wall art on Pinterest  and I have some old fan blades in the store room. Guess what I'm going to make? 
  This dragonfly will look amazing on the side wall of the house. I already have an old fence post for the body, now all I need is the spray paint.  
Now tell me, this is not the cutest thing you have ever seen! 
  (sorry to whoever posted the dragonfly photo on pinterest, I have no url to credit back)



I'm linking this post to


7 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

I've seen that idea of a dragonfly on Pinterest. Such a cute idea! Have fun making yours.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I should already have my seeds started...but don't.
I can't get a rhythm first with our weekdays and weekends busy,busy; then with this crazy weather!
Yesterday 80° and today mid 50° temps! 30° difference...and the wind, whew! makes it feel even chillier.

I saw those on someone's blog...and then made one summer before last...but i didn't paint mine pretty. I painted it black...like a silhouette. But I think I'm going to repaint mine after seeing your inspiration.
I also saw some cute metal flowers at Dollar General today...and I'm going to make some of those too...

I've got a Lowe's card with some $$$ on it-- I think I might buy me some HOT COLORED SPRAY PAINT. :P

happy spring ~Pat

Feral Turtle said...

Thanks for a touch of spring! Love the dragonfly! Cheers.

Prairie Scraps said...

I love that dragonfly and have it pinned too! Wishing we were going to 72 sometime soon! I thought 50's was good and was wishing I had some plants started. I need to do some herb pots for sure!

daisy g said...

Too cute! Love repurposing stuff! Did you know that butterflies love parsley? Plant some for them, too! ;0)

Unknown said...

Love the dragon fly yard art! I have old fan blades.Need to try that.

Tootsie said...

thank you so much for linking in this weekend...I always love to grab inspiration from those who play along with my little party. I can't hardly wait for spring to come...It will be so nice to play outside again for a few months!
Your post gives me hope that I may not have too long to wait!
I shared this post on the Tootsie Time facebook page
I hope you will link in again every week!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•