Monday

1942 Coast Guard Dinner Plate

While digging around my sons house I came across this really nice dinner plate.  It's just one from what I'm sure was a set.  My mind takes me to this wonderful set of dinner china gracing the table of an Admiral or Officers fancy dinner party or on the great ship "Barque Eagle"
 (me with the Moms right in front of the Eagle)
  The date on the back of the plate is from 1942 and it's China, no not made in China but made OF china from a company in PA.
At the moment this 9" plate is valued at $129.00 when looked into google. Wonder where I can find more because my son paid all of $5.00 for his at a tag sale about 15 years ago so you know there are more.
 At the moment this really nice plate graces the window sill in my sons kitchen.  A nice addition to his CG life don't you think?
 



2 comments:

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Lovely lovely plate. I hope you guys can find all of them!

XOXO,
Meredith

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure...collecting these plates.
I bet, now that you know what to look for, you'll find some.
I know I'll be looking for them here for you...in all my usual haunts!
--Pat